adder

Default Fitting WC pan query

"truman" wrote in message ...
Hi all. Fitting new close coupled wc in place of old low level wc. 100 year
old cast iron soil pipe comes straight (well slightly sloping) thro the wall
with a big useless flange on the end. So a longish straight spigot connector
will be ok, no problem there. However carefully measuring the hole centres,
the new pan outlet is 1cm lower (at 180mm) than the soil pipe - so the waste
will have to flow uphill a bit.
Question is, does this small amount really matter, or should I raise the wc
pan 1cm with a plywood base or something?

Thanks
truman

I'd say try it and see. I doubt 1cm would make much a difference over
a short distance with this volume of water.