Jonathan

Default Council tax and new ways..........

"John Cartmell" wrote in message
In article , Andy Hall
wrote:

In the main, people should pay for what they use. That seems to
me to be the fairest way.

It depends whether you want a society or just individuals.

Are we talking about a society that encourages individuals to smoke £150 of
fags a week so that they can claim extra benefits for their childrens poor
health?
(yes, I'm thinking about the Bardsley "Wife Swap", and if you really have
lived where you claim to, then you'll know that type of family is by no
means unique)

Individuals make a society - when those individuals become so dependent on
the state that they know no other way, then that state ensures it's own
survival...for a time.