Lurch

Default Best method for wiring up recessed lights

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 00:58:58 GMT, "symon miller"
strung together this:

How do you drill a hole in a beam through the small access hole for a
fish-eye halogen light?

With great difficulty\you can't. You could use a long drill bit, can't
say I've ever tried though. If you do manage it, it only works if
you're having a light between every joist.
I think the question you are trying to ask is "can I install recessed
lighting into a room without damaging any finished decor". The answer
is no, unless you can get the floor up in the room above.
If you could manage to repair the ceiling when you've finished, I
would cut a notch in the underside of the joists and then patch up
with filler\plaster.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd