jim rozen

Default layout bolt hole question - clarification please

In article .com,
says...

SO.... if I follow the formula:
radius = .5 x 1.2335 then I hit the divide button followed by the SIN
button, then I hit the multiply button and entered 60 then = and the
number was 3437.813. That is obviously wrong.

Your calculator is probably not RPN, and you are not using
any parentheses.

Re-work the problem, and write down the interermediate
steps as numbers. I think you will wind up with a very
different answer.

The problem you are punching in on the calculator is a
very different one than the one you want to solve.

Using Marv's formula for example,

(.5) (your chord) = (.5)(1.25) = .75 or thereabouts.

and sin [(.5)(120)] = sin60 = 0.866

So it would seem that R in this case is going to be something
like .75/.866 according to that formula.

Jim

Jim

please reply to: