Howard Eisenhauer

Default Making Chips! was- LF Comments- Craftex lathes/ Busy Bee Tools

For those of you who kindly gave your advice to my questions a few
months back I've finally got my lathe installed & set up.

For those interested details are here-

http://users.eastlink.ca/~howarde/Tools.html

Thanks again,

Howard.

Howard Eisenhauer wrote:

Having run into delays in my plans to build a Gingery lathe & with
other projects in the works that I could use a lathe on I'm
considering wimping out & buying one .

I'm looking at the Craftex unit sold by Busy Bee tools
(http://www.busybeetools.com/), mainly cause they got a local outlet.
Specifically I'm thinking about their 9x19 (CT039) or maybe the 10x18
(B2227L).

I was also looking at thier lathe mill combo ( B2229 ) a year or so
ago. I"m limited for space so this seems like a good idea but I'm
concerned that the milling head might not be sturdy enough to do
reasonably useful work (fill in your own definition of "reasonable"),
it seems like a long way to the table, not to mention the height of
the lathe spindle relative to the bed width.

Now obviously these arn't top quality machines but looking at the
lathes today in person they didn't strike me as being total junk, so,
anyone here have any experience good/bad with these units?

All replies appreaciated .

Thanks,

Howard.