mm

Default Storm door, insulated or regular glass?

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 16:56:16 -0500, "JessicaG"
wrote:

Is there any real advantage to having thermal glass for a full length storm
door? Thanks, I'm in the US, zone 6.

Oh, the question!

When you open the storm door all the warm air floats out. When you
keep it open while you open the inner door, all the warm air in the
first floor of the house floats out.

When they are both shut, the inner door and the storm door together
form a thermal unit. (as with a storm window that doesn't involve
thermal glass)).

If you were going to leave the inner door open, and only the storm
door shut, perhaps to let light into the entryway, for long periods
(as soom of my neighbors do and as I might do if I had a storm door)
then a thermal glass would be worth it.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.