Default Pioneer SD-P4044 problems.

In other threads the IC is referred to as an STK4277, apparently the
chip under the heatsink on the convergence board. I didn't attempt to
remove the heatsink and verify that this chip exists in my TV, though.
The chip (or its replacement part) is only available from Pioneer, as
far as I can tell. I should mention all the caps on the board look
good, at least none of the tops are bubbled, and I can't see any burned
resistors. I freshened all of the solder joints on the board with no
luck. I thought I had found the culprit - a cracked joint on a large
cap on the power supply, but it didn't help. Apparently it was making
a "good enough" connection to work. Any ideas?

David - Memphis
KC4VRQ