CJT

Default ethernet card

P. Thompson wrote:
On Sun, 6 Nov 2005, CJT wrote:

CJT wrote:

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

In article , CJT wrote:

You sure about that? My recollection is that Gigabit uses all 8.

I'll check, I've don't think so, but occasionaly I'm wrong. :-)

I Google'd for it, and this is the first reference I found. But I'm
fairly certain I've read it elsewhere, too, including in a textbook
on networking:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/231/2

FWIW, here's a cite with a little more impressive credentials:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk38...080091a86.html

Figure 7 of the cisco site shows all four pairs in use.

Precisely my point.

---
Lord, protect me from those to whom you speak directly
All salute the new age, and I hope nobody escapes