gb

Default Dead Fluke 37 meter

"Martin Norberg" wrote in message
I found an old Fluke 37 meter which appears dead. Some initial
measuring tells me that there is some life inside it, power seems to
get where it should etc. but the display is empty at all times. I got
no repair manual for it. Any pointers, links or help in some way?
Digital isn't really my bag but with a bit more info I could perhaps
troubleshoot it. Fluke doesn't list it on their site anymore, so no
luck there.
Thanks for any help.
Martin

I don't know where you were looking ... but that statement is incorrect.

The Fluke 37 Operating manual (924 KB Adobe Acrobat)
is on the Fluke US web site (Support - Manuals - 37)
http://us.fluke.com/usen/support/manuals/default.htm

The Fluke 37 has 3 internal fuses as well as a battery inside its case.
Have you checked the fuses or battery to see if they are good?

Battery replacement instructions are on page 10 of Fluke 37 manual
(downloaded from above)

Testing of the 3 fuses is also covered on page 11.

BTW, IF you have a bad fuse - replace it with a properly rated Fluke fuse
(voltage ratings, etc.) These fuses are readily available from WW Granger
as well as Fry's Electronics (Outpost.com)
http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/fluke/fluke37-top.jpg

Tech Recovery still sells used versions of the Fluke 37 for around $100
Sphere has 2 of them for $200 each.
http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/fluke1.html

BTW -- Fluke repair almost every item they made - a few are difficult due to
parts availability. A telephone call or e-mail the Fluke support/repair
department will get an quick RMA number. They repaired a Fluke 87 that was
in bad shape (that I picked up for $ 5 .. for significantly less ( $100)
than buying a new one ($395)

g. beat