Thad Smith

Default I/O-ing Frequencies on ATMega8

forTe wrote:
So I recently acquired some ATMega8's for a project. My biggest need
right now is for somebody to point me in the direction of some guides
and code for specific programming on the ATMega8. Most specifically I
am using these to output a frequency (Highs and lows and 5 and 0 Volts)
using a circuit to process the signal and send it back to the
microcontroller where the incoming frequency will be sent out again.

I don't have a clear understanding of what you are trying to do. Are
you toggling an output line to generate a square wave, driving a D/A,
programming a frequency synthesizer. or something else?

What kind of processing are you doing externally? Are you then
attempting to measure the frequency with same processor? If so, why
would it be different? How are you capturing the modified signal?
How long are you maintaining your output frequency?

The main purpose is to deteriorate the frequency's integrity/accuracy
as much as possible through doing this process multiple times.

Why would you expect the signal's frequency to change?

--
Thad