Rich Webb

Default I/O-ing Frequencies on ATMega8

On 6 Nov 2005 12:56:40 -0800, "forTe" wrote:

So I recently acquired some ATMega8's for a project. My biggest need
right now is for somebody to point me in the direction of some guides
and code for specific programming on the ATMega8. Most specifically I
am using these to output a frequency (Highs and lows and 5 and 0 Volts)
using a circuit to process the signal and send it back to the
microcontroller where the incoming frequency will be sent out again.
The main purpose is to deteriorate the frequency's integrity/accuracy
as much as possible through doing this process multiple times. It
sounds strange, I know, but if you have any links or references to some
pre-written codes or explanations on how to do this, I'd be very
appreciative.

I doubt very much that there's pre-written code.

You set bits and then you read bits. You could use one of the timers to
wiggle an OC bit or use a PWM or just loop and do and SBI/CBI. Read with
an IN and write with an OUT, or perhaps use an interrupt pin. Are you
going into/out of of a single AVR or a chain of multiple?

What are you trying to do?

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA