Robatoy

Default A sad feeling...

In article ,
Tom Watson wrote:

I'm a Strunk and White fan but also have a Chicago Manual Of Style, an
AP Style Sheet, a NY Times Style Sheet, my eighth grade grammar book,
and the keening voice of Mrs. Sweet - my English Composition teacher,
nattering in my ears when I try to write a lucid sentenc

Grammar Smart, a book written by the staff of The Princeton Review, is
my go-to book when I am confronted by a rogue dangling participle. Then
again, The Chicago pretty much covers any and all style questions.

A few years ago, I sent out 20 copies of The Elements Of Style, as a
Christmas present, to friends of mine. Most were glad to receive it, a
few wanted to know "what-the-**** was wrong with their English"