D Murphy

Default Suggestions on Micrometer, Calipers??

"JWho" wrote in

I couldn't find Etalon. Do you know if they have a website? Is there
another company that I should be looking at? If you know any personal
web pages with "how to use a micrometer" information, I would like to
read that, too.

Etalon is one of the best. I don't know of a web site for how to use a
micrometer, but Starrett puts out or used to put out a pamphlet calles
"Tools and Rules" or something like that. Mitutoyo also has a very good
book on metrology (science of measurement). Read those two and you will
learn plenty.

Another good source for evaluations of different brands is Long Island
Indicator. Surf their web site, there is a ton of good info on there. Here
is a link to their web site page where they discuss Etalon micrometers.

http://www.longislandindicator.com/p161.html

The 1-2" is $279.00. The one ones on Ebay were up to $9.99 for the older
one and around $22.00 for the newer one. Also there is a link at the bottom
of the page that will take you to a page that tells how to calibrate a
micrometer.

Thank you yet again!

You welcome.

--