jimmy

Default Coolant question

Greg Postma wrote:

I am currently setting up a machine to drill holes in polished 304
stainless tube. This machine will make about 100,000 holes per year
through one side of 3/4" by .060" tubing. To ensure long tooling life, I
need to cool the bits. The tubing is prepolished and this is decorative
stainless (so the appearance must be flawless after we drill). I am
looking for a coolant that is easy to clean off the finished parts
before they are assembled. Any one have any ideas?

BTW I am not tackling this project alone, I am working with Joe Agro Jr
and his dad on this project.
Also anyone one with first hand knowledge of good coolant pumps? I need
one of those also.

Thanks in advance
Greg Postma

Greg,

Here is a good synthetic coolant to consider. It uses
Triethanolamine and is generally non-toxic, non-flamable, etc. You
can rinse the parts with POTW... plain old tap water.

"The Cooler" by Spartan chemical. (I use this)
MSDS:
http://www.spartanchemical.com/sfa/M...d?OpenDocument
If you spill it, MSDS say wash it down the drain.

I believe "ValCool" by Valenite is a similar product.

--
Jim