Peter Parry

Default Any DIYer's here done Part P course ? Is it worth it ?

On 6 Nov 2005 12:21:26 -0800, "baldelectrician"
wrote:

When I went to become a certifier of construction (to make it possible
for me to sign of my own building work in Scotland) i had to be
assessed by SELECT (The Electrical Contractors Assoc Of Scotland)

You can be as competent as you like - it has nothing to do with Part
P. Indeed the man who wrote the British Standard on electrical
installations is now unable to legally install a telephone socket in
his kitchen - however a work experience oik can do it for him as long
as the company the oik works for has paid their fees.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/