GeeDubb

Default Owners of the Rikon 18" Bandsaw

"Leon" wrote in message
m...
Well I am about 99% sure I am going to upgrade to the Rikon 18"er. Does
it come with a blade? I suspect that I will get a 1 to 1.5" one for
resawing but I was curious if I needed to buy a blade right away to get
started.

Thanks.

Mine came with a damaged blade so I can't comment on the quality. The lower
blade guard had been pushed into the blade creasing/kinking it. I couldn't
get the bend out so just bought a 1" timberwolf blade. Problem with the 1"
blade is that the roller bearing mount won't allow the bearings to be
adjusted forward enough w/o hitting the back of the blade....unless I'm not
seeing something correctly.

Gary