Default Opinions on a used Atlas/Craftsman 12" lathe...

Gunner, no disrespect intended, but $300 for a Logan in an unknown
state while lacking a major component hardly wets the appetite. Any
moderately discriminating buyer with $300 in his pocket might just want
to know why the compound is missing, and what does that tell him about
the rest of the machine?

Have you considered offering it to the nautical crowd on eBay, where it
could make itself useful as a boat anchor or, if sufficiently massive,
a mooring anchor? ;-)

Perhaps harsh, I realize, but with my ultra right-wing mentality, I
have to look back on all the bargain-basement priced lathes that I
wasted my time investigating, before I began to realize that well worn
and rust encrusted junk machinery is simply that, junk! This is
precisely why I was damn glad to be the top bidder on a 12" Atlas in
pristine condition for $1200+, and shipping on top of that. Even at
that price, I left only about $25 laying on the table!

Gunner, am I telling it accurately and like it is?

Kindest regards, Harry C.