Stacy

Default Wall Oven Supports

Carpenter wrote:
Stacy wrote:
I don't know yet about the electrical box because we haven't removed
the old oven yet (they're coming Monday). The only thing with what you
say is that we wouldn't be able to put another oven in the lower part
of the cabinet, which we may want to do.

Do you know the dimensions of the future bottom oven?

I would assume that there are
only post supports in the back in the diagram so you don't block the
use of the lower part of the cabinet?

you may be right.

Currently there is a double oven that sits on a shelf (which is the top
of a drawer located under the current oven. Wouldn't that imply that a
shelf screwed into the sides would be enough to support a single oven?

Not sure which one you're getting, but the heaviest single is 240
pounds. Do you know how heavy is the old double? Probably heavier..

Anyway, is that shelf at the right height (dimension D on page 5?. If
not you may have to put 2x4 s or another shelf at the correct height.

no, thats why I need the supports.

(I assume there is some sort of framing around the cabinet, but its
under a fancy veneer and I don't want to risk damaging it)

When you remove the old one, you should be able to see how that shelf
is secured to the cabinet. My guess is screws or nails in the frame of
the cabinet. you could secure those 2x4s or the new shelf the same way
May want to choose the lenght of the screws very carefully.

Also, you'll probably be left with a hole in that cabinet (the
difference in height between old and new ).

Yes, the panal to cover the opening is another matter, probably for the
woodworking group

One thing of note: The cabinet is in the corner, so the back of the
cabinet is not flush against the wall. So wall studs will not be able
to be used. I think there is a bit of space behind the cabinet

I see, is it secured to another cabinet?

I don't know (yet).