Pop

Default Ariens Snowblower "Height" Adjustment For Bottom (scrapper) Edge ?

Mine's about 1/4" to 3/8" by eyeball, which is the only way I've
ever adjusted it. It still exposes asphalt for the most part of
snow and glides easily over any imperfections or adhered ice or
rocks tossed in by the plows; never had a problem of any kind
with it.
As fast as the feet wear, I'd think you'd wear down the
cut-bar at 1/8" or less and probably hang up on anything that
solidly adheres to the asphalt, like ice bits. Plus it'd wear
off the topcoat all that much faster, being steel. ymmv I
suppose. I have a large driveway.

HTH
Pop

"Robert11" wrote in message
news : Hello:
:
: Regarding the height (set via the 2 shoes on the sides) that
one should set
: the bottom edge (also call a scraper blade, I think) on the
: typical Ariens snowblowers:
:
: The manual says 1/8 inch for an asphalt driveway.
:
: This seems very high to me.
:
: Shouldn't this bottom edge actually touch the driveway
(lightly) to remove
: all the snow down to the asphalt ?
:
: What do you all set it to ?