Rheilly Phoull

Default Diagnost/Repair Hexacon Therm-O-Trac 1002

"tomhoo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mind died.

It was working (but was making a buzzing sound.) Then it died.

The transformer is good. The Triac is not shorted.

However, the sensor and element in the iron have infinite resistance,
(i.e., open).

This seems odd. Both components are 2 wire.

I'm thinking the iron is bad, however, it may not be worth getting a
replacement.

I was thinking of "jumping" the Triac just to see what would happen if
I forced it to ON. (I wouldn't hurt the Triac if I jump (short) the
outputs, right?)

Thanks
Tom

The element should have a fairly low ohm dc resistance measured with your
VOM. Bear in mind the most common failure is the element.
The basic start is to check the element and then work 'outwards' from that.

--
Regards ......... Rheilly Phoull