Nate Perkins

Default Delta dust collector

Patriarch wrote in
. 97.136:

I bought the same collector (50-850), and put in a chip
collector/trash can. I've emptied the lower bag once so far this
year, but it didn't really need it then. The chip collector gets
emptied once a week or so.

The AP400 is a decent buy as well. Hard to go wrong with most of
these products. Particularly if you upgrade the bag to something
closer to 1-2 microns.

I have the AP400 with a Penn State submicron bag. I have a 10' length of
flex hose on the AP400, which is long enough to reach any individual
wheeled tool in my small third bay garage shop. It has collected enough
dust that my garage would be waist-deep now without it.

The only thing about the AP400 is that it has this little wire cross grid
on the inlet -- presumably to keep you from putting your hand up in the
impeller, I suppose. But that cross grid forms enough of an obstruction
that it will cause the inlet to plug with bigger handplane shavings, a bit
of a PIB. I fixed that problem in a way that would not be recommended by
the company's lawyers (i.e., I used a pair of wire cutters)