TWS

Default Owners of the Rikon 18" Bandsaw

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 23:12:52 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Well I am about 99% sure I am going to upgrade to the Rikon 18"er. Does it
come with a blade? I suspect that I will get a 1 to 1.5" one for resawing
but I was curious if I needed to buy a blade right away to get started.

Thanks.

Mine came with a 5/8, 4TPI blade that I used for setup and then
replaced with some Timberwolf and a Woodslicer blades.

It's a very nice saw that works well.

The tension adjustment is a little quirky in that the tension goes up
linearly with the tightening wheel but seems to stay tensioned as you
back off. I don't use the flutter method (I have a tension gauge) so
maybe this isn't a problem when it's running.

Try it, you'll like it. $899 this month at Woodcraft.

TWS