Nate Perkins

Default glue bottles

s wrote in :

I just spent 10 minutes for the umpteenth time getting the dried glue
out of the slightly-too-clever-for-it's-own-good cap of a bottle of
titebond 2. it's pretty good when new, but after a few refills and
cleanings it gets pretty mangled. the more mangled it gets the quicker
it gets gunked up.

yeah, I know, go buy another bottle of glue. I don't wanna. thing is,
it's not all that great for a glue bottle. it's OK in use and it's
nice that the lid doesn't get lost, but the service life is too short.
it's _always_ the cap that fails in my shop.

thinking about the resturant ketchup squeeze bottles. seems like the
same kind of plastic, but built a little stouter and with a simpler
spout. pretty cheap, too- half a buck or so from the resturant supply.
anybody using these? something else? got a favorite?

Glu-Bot bottles by Fastcap. I got mine from the lumberyard, but they have
them on Amazon and most of the online stores as well. They do cost about
six bucks, but they have a design that mostly eliminates the top plugging
with dried glue. Plus you can buy replacement tips.