Greg G.

Default A sad feeling...

Owen Lawrence said:

"Greg G." wrote in message
news
Owen Lawrence said:

Now I will go play with my son and figure out what type of lathe to
replace my dead one with.

I honestly don't think a lathe could ever replace your dead son, but
that's
just me. Sorry for your loss.

- Owen -

You're going to feel _really_ bad if you find out that he HAS one...

Yeah, I thought about that, but I took that chance. I wrote a whole bunch
of stuff, disclaimers, explanations, blah blah blah, but opted instead for
simplicity. If I'm going to suck humour out of someone's ambiguities, I
might as well leave some of my own for someone else to fiddle with.

I can't believe anyone thought I was serious!

Didn't think you were serious for a minute.
But if he did.... :-o

Anyway, I'm always sticking my foot in my own big mouth, so who am I
to say anything...

And you'll have to fiddle with your own ambiguities - this homey don't
play that.

Most embarrassing story along these same lines...

Playing a game called "Half-Life" in order to demonstrate the rag-doll
physics to a girl and shot one of the scientists in the head - point
blank. She ran away screaming and crying. It turned out that her
husband had been killed, execution style, by a couple of thugs several
years earlier. Talk about feeling _low_.

Greg G.