Patriarch

Default Delta dust collector

"Mike Pio" wrote in
news:66gbf.65683$WR2.43318@fed1read03:

"Jimmy" wrote in message
I'm thinking about buying a Delta dust collector model 50-760 (
http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=136&p=5815 ) and wanted
some advice about it or others. Is it a good one for the money ( $159
plus a $30 rebate ) ?

I don't have this dust collector, but I have a similar one (50-850).
Basically, I find it to do its job well. snip
The collector itself seems to have plenty of suction for a small shop,
which I think was its intended design. However, milling stock quickly
fills up the bag with chips and I find it needs to be emptied
sometimes 2-3 times a day on stock prep days. As you might imagine,
the jointer and planer are the biggest culprits, followed by the
shaper then table saw.

I bought the same collector (50-850), and put in a chip collector/trash
can. I've emptied the lower bag once so far this year, but it didn't
really need it then. The chip collector gets emptied once a week or so.

The AP400 is a decent buy as well. Hard to go wrong with most of these
products. Particularly if you upgrade the bag to something closer to 1-2
microns.

Patriarch