D Murphy

Default EDM cut rifle chamber, curiosity or the future?

"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

"Clark Magnuson" wrote in message
http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek055.html

Using EDM to cut rifling is at least 30 years old, although I don't
know if it was ever used in any kind of production (ECM has been used
to rifle barrels for longer than EDM, and it's been used in
production). However, I hadn't heard of using it to cut chambers. I'd
like to know what the "patent" is about.

Hey Ed, good to see you posting a bit again. The patent is here -

http://tinyurl.com/98aqk

I sure don't see why they were issued a patent.

The description of EDM in that article is about half right.

I'd have to agree with you there but maybe they were just trying to keep it
simple.

--

Dan