Tony Bryer

Default Upgrading the Central Heating System- BOOM!

In article , Alan
Dempster wrote:
1. The Drayton Tempus 7 seems like a good choice of programmer. But
there's also a similar model, a Lifestyle LP722, which seems similar
BUT it does have a fancy-looking backlit display, which might look
funky in the dark! Are there any differences between these two 7-day
programmers? Recommendations?

I put a Lifestyle in for my mum last month, and it seems fine - three
on/off times each day, (except on the cheapest model) run heating and
hw programs independently of each other.

2. I'd like to replace the crusty old Honeywell room 'stat in the
lounge with a new Programmable Thermostat. But is there any point now
that I've installed the Tempus 7 programmer?

For myself I've got 2xHoneywell CM67's controlling my heating (2 zones)
- far more flexible if you take time to learn what the different
buttons do. You can do things like having a overnight setback
temperature for cold nights or kill the heating for five hours if
you're going out.