Stacy

Default Wall Oven Supports

EXT wrote:
I am in the middle of doing the exact same thing, including installing a
Thermador oven. However I am changing from a 27" wide to a 30" wide and have
had to build a new cabinet for it.

Don't expect to accept delivery, wire it up, slide it in and turn it on.
Your old oven probably has a fuse/breaker box somewhere close to the old
oven. Your new Thermador may have something else, or a plug that will need a
matching receptacle. I haven't received mine yet, so I don't know either,
and the manual does not give that information.

I did not use 2x4s, but built a floor out of doubled 3/4 plywood to take the
weight.

"Stacy" wrote in message
oups.com...
We're replacing a very old double oven with a single Thermador unit,
and the installation spec
calls for installing 2x4 supports. I can't get anyone to do it in time
for the new unit's arrival so we have to do it ourselves.

What method/hardware should be used to secure the supports to the
cabinet walls? The diagram suggest that the 2x4 be perpendicular to the
wall, but that would seem to require some pretty big screws. What's the
best way to do this?

Heres the install doc:

http://www.bshextranet.com/files/tec...%20Install.pdf

Well, the old oven is being taken away on Monday and an installer is
delivering the new one on Thursday. The installer will take care of the
electrical (they'd even adjust the cutout if the new one needed to be
bigger). So we just need to provide a place for them to slide it in.

Why are you going to so much trouble to use the 30" oven? The 27"
Thermadors are big; big enough to fit the biggest Turkey you can buy
probably. If you were buying some smallish oven like a Bosch I might
see needing 30", but I certainly wouldn't rebuild cabinets for it.

Stacy