John Grabowski

Default How to construct an electrical ground in the soil? (please, practical advice, no code fightings)

Hi Sammy. I understand your need to install a good ground. The previous
postings to your questions have given you some good information. We can
probably give you more help if you tell us what country you are in? Also
what materials are accessible to you? Are you able to purchase ground rods
and #6 or #4 copper wire? What are the soil conditions in your garden? Are
you in a dry climate or do you get rain? If you cannot purchase ground rods
are you able to get long lengths of copper pipe? If not how about bare
copper wire? What type of electrical service is coming into your house?
How many volts and amps?

Pictures would be helpful.

You can click here for some information on installing a ground in the USA:
http://www.mrelectrician.tv/question...rs.html#ground

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv

"SammyBar" wrote in message
eenews.net...
Hi,

I have no ground on my house. I bought a surge protector for my PC but I
realized that it doesn't works if not connected to a real ground. The

water
pipes are plastics so I can't attach the ground wire to it. But I have a
garden of soil very near the surge protector I want to ground so I'm
considering to build a ground by myself. What I need to do? Just clamp a
copper tube on the soil (how many inches)? I hear coal helps to make the
grounding better... What I ned to do?. Just consider I'll need to work

with
basic materials. I'm not living in US. My country have no construction

codes
(at least nobody takes care of them) so please give me some real practical
guidance. I'm telling this 'cause I've been looking around in this group

and
the only I've found about the topic is people fighting around construction
code interpretation but none practical guidance on how to build a working
grounding

Thanks in advance, any hint is welcomed
Sammy