Greg G.

Default Iron Pyrite as inlay material

william kossack said:

Has anyone tried Iron Pyrite? As an experiment I took a couple pinches
of the powder and put it onto a piece of scrap then glued it down with
CA. After a little grinding and sanding it did not look like much.

I've not tried it, but depending on the color variation, it might be
interesting.

Next I'm going to break up the nugget in order to try and get larger
sized pieces instead of the powder.

Big pieces look better, IMHO, fill between chunks with power.
But if you crack it open and there is no pattern, it'll probably just
look like a greyish-black blob.

Worst case I'll use it as a filler for other inlace stones.

Put it in a Pyrex sandwich and give it your kids along with a magnet?

Greg G.