Mr. Moose

Default A sad feeling...

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 02:56:12 GMT, George Max
wrote:

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 19:17:56 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

I think he means that at this point in time he has a son and he has a
dead lathe. He is considering which replacement tool to get for that
dead lathe. However, I could be wrong.

Trying hard to decide if you are serious here and in need of a humor
infusion, or if I'm the one whose missing the sarcasm in your post. ;-)

It is humor, my humor.

The company I work for required that all departments in the office
take a grammar and punctuation class. Part of it was reviewing
sentences that could be interpreted more than one way. Multiple
interpretations are funny.

I'm sure he means he has a lathe that needs replacing. Nobody would
think a tool could replace a child.

Well, I'll have you know that I am serious, after the loss of our son
my therapist has suggested turning as a way to cope with our loss, but
I see that you are able to find more humor in it than I am.

Mandatory punchline wait...

No, the child is a healthy 15 month old, and is very healthy. My
ancient, battered, and rusty Craftsman lathe gave up the ghost the
other day, the bearings are totally shot and the motor I slvaged from
out old swamp cooler is making smoke, so I figure that, now that I
know I actually LIKE turning, it's time to buy something a LOT nicer,
which isn't really saying much. Unfortunately, there is that
competition between being a responsible dad (IE putting food on the
table and clothing the kid) and actually doing anything else that
involves any amount of money. I'm actually contemplating the
00921715000 Craftsman lather with the 15" capability, it's right in
the price range and should fit on the stand I built.

Mark