Greg G.

Default Delta dust collector

Toller said:

1.5hp motors are usually about 15 or 16a. They are only 9a on Harbor
Freight products. The must be very efficient.

Or terribly overrated...

I just bought a used Delta shaper with a 1hp 14.4a motor. It must be really
inefficient. Whacha think?

I think no one is watching these things anymore...
And they come up all kinds of BS ratings - don't even get me started
on Air Compressors - stall current = HP? Get real. Same with
routers, Garage door openers, etc., etc...

In your case, I think you had better keep your fingers away from that
shaper spindle/bit. I'd be willing to bet it produces that or more...

Greg G.