Appliance Repair Aid

Default Help routing dryer belt with idler

wrote:
I have a Frigidare gallery dryer that I have
just replaced the glides and rear bearing on,
and cleaned up. But I am stuck on where the
spring on the idler goes. Viewing from the
back, I have the belt coming down the left
side, around the motor pulley, then the back
of the belt is over the idler and then back
to the drum. The problem is that the only
obvious place to put the spring seems to
contact the belt while it is moving. The
idler bracket does not resemble the one on
the appliance repair site. Instead on mine
there is a small tab on the motor bracket that
seems to be where the spring goes. On the
idler arm, there is a small hole at the end of
the arm and a larger one closer to the pulley.

The only question I really have is where do the
ends of the spring go? Is it attached from the
front or back of the hole in the idler arm?

A diagram is on page 8 of the following pdf.

ftp://ftp.electrolux-na.com/ProdInfo...r/95326377.pdf

Thanks

Hi,

This should help.....
http://www.applianceaid.com/images/l...elt-thread.jpg