Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default ethernet card

In article , CJT wrote:
You sure about that? My recollection is that Gigabit uses all 8.

I'll check, I've don't think so, but occasionaly I'm wrong. :-)

Not sure what you mean by that. The electronics can't tell whether you
(consistently) swap the white+color and color, as long as you keep the
pairings intact. But they will certainly balk at mixing a wire from one
pair with a wire from another pair.

Yes, that's true.

If by "direction" you mean X vs II, then it's probably a switch.
Or do you mean duplex?

All 10/100 hubs are by switches. How else could they adjust the speed?

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
You should have boycotted Google while you could, now Google supported
BPL is in action. Time is running out on worldwide radio communication.