Default Be the Norm Abrams (This Old House) of metalworking

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 22:36:54 -0600, Mike Slowey
wrote:

In article ,
"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

"Mike Slowey" wrote: (clip) I stupidly got suckered into responding... And
you stupidly got suckered into preaching about it...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And you stupidly continue to show resentment about it. I thought it was
pretty funny. Maybe the reason you don't is that it contains more than a
grain of truth.

I thought when I went to this newsgroup I would be talking to adult
craftsmen honestly interested in sharing their interest in burning and
turning metal. I guess I was wrong.

I'm cured, now, boys.

You've obviously never worked in a machine shop environment surrounded
by adult craftsmen. Even in the real world, as opposed to yours fer
instance, there's this phenomenon called levity.

Not to be confused with a physics term applied to what happens when
one straps buttered toast (butter side up) to th' back of a cat, which
is then dropped (upside down) from a height of say 4'. That would be
a perpetual motion levitation device[1].

However it would also be quite humorous (levity), which is where this
adult craftsman is going with this particular diatribe. Humor is
commonplace in vocations that involve th' very real potential for very
bad things to happen, every day, to those so engaged. Not that it's
limited to such professions, mind you, th' concentration is just
higher. As is th' IQ of humorists in general.

It appears that your humor muscle has been severely strained, perhaps
even completely torn. Dr. Snarl prescribes that you thoroughly
convalesce prior to returning for further interaction herein. Try th'
buttered cat experiment, it's been known to cure torn humor muscles
like magic. See! Even thinking about it made ya smile... hope it
wasn't too painful.

Snarl... or take yer ball and go home

[1] Attributions to th' buttered cat theorem goes to th' Mad
Feculator, world reknown lead physicist of Cats Ass Technology(tm).