T.Alan Kraus

Default EDM cut rifle chamber, curiosity or the future?

Clif Holland wrote:
The Blitzking at about 4000 fps turns into a cloud of dust around 50 yds.
Just experience with a 22/250.

That could be a little fast for a 22-250, it also depends on your twist
rate. I like the Sierra 52 gr. HPBT matchking and the 60 gr. Sierra
Varminter both at about 3500 ft/sec. I guess that is not full speed but
I like my barrels to last a bit more and seem to get my top accuracy there.

Tom Wait wrote:
What powder and load do you favor?
Tom

I get nice results with 41.2 gr. IMR 4895 and a little more speed but
more spread with 49.4 gr of W 760. The speeds are around 3800 ft/sec.

cheers
T.Alan