Rod

Default UK cooker to NL

A relative is moving to the Netherlands in a few weeks. He has an
electric cooker and is thinking of taking it with him. The cooker is a
fairly standard, modern UK device - four rings, oven, grill - and he is
attached (emotionally rather than electrically) to its macho stainless
and black looks.

Knowing absolutely nothing about NL electricity, I have no idea if this
is feasible or would result in insuperable problems.

Thoughts:

How does he connect it? I hear that in NL many people just have a
combination microwave/oven, which, I guess, would just plug in.
Therefore, if the oven is higher than, what?, 16 amps, this might not be
possible. Not having a dedicated circuit could render the whole plan a
non-starter.

Are there likely to be any issues with existing circuit protection
devices?

Of course, He would get a local sparks to fit it (if appropriate), but
it seems best to have some idea before bothering to send it over.