nightjar

Default Internal Door ?s

"KJR" wrote in message
Looking for some advice re internal doors.

I want to get some internal doors, 8 glass pane type which I will
paint white.

I can get one from Homebase, £45, in pine. Or I can get a hardwood
door, from any number of independant firms, for £200 + fitting.

Anyone care to explain the properties of a hardwood door which make it
4x better than a knotty pine door ?

Hardwood doors are the ones to go for if you want a varnished finish.
However, at that price, they should also be a lot better made than any you
can buy from a shed. Shed bought doors will probably have dowel joints. A
well-made door, whether softwood or hardwood, will have mortise and tenon
joints and a really well-made one will have wedged mortise and tenon joints.

Colin Bignell