Doctor Drivel

Default Using Central heating WITHOUT fernox inhibitor

wrote in message ...
On 5 Nov,
Rob Morley wrote:

In article ,
says...

How long is it acceptable to run the system
without inhibitor in it.

I had always used Fernox .... when I had my new system commissioned,

my
CORGI man (been in business 30+ yrs) told me he NEVER adds inhibitor,

it
is not needed and just a marketing ploy.

Interesting view form a professional.

A professional who will benefit from all those systems that need repair

or
replacement because they didn't use inhibitor?

It was suggested by mine that I didn't need it in a sealed system, but If
I really wanted to to add it after 6 months use. I did so 12 years ago

and
so far have had no (major) problems.

I wonder how long fernox lasts? I top up the system manually, and

probably
add no more than 5L per year of water.

Top it up now.