raden

Default Using Central heating WITHOUT fernox inhibitor

In message , gastec
writes

With the colder weather upon us, the central heating has been switched
on
again and it's going to be another month or two before the radiators
in
question are reconnected. How long is it acceptable to run the system
without inhibitor in it. If necessary I could put it in this weekend,
but if
it's not reeally necessary for a couple of months then I'll wait.

INHIBITORS.....FERNOX....SENTINAL ETC

In general terms they hold good for around 15 years with 3 complete
draindowns.....IT IS NOT GOOD TO ADD CHEMICALS TO YOUR SYSTEM unless
there is a specific reson...If you add fernox incorrectly it will
solidify and block your cold feed...its will then eat away at your pipe
causing a water leak..seek advise from a qualified gasman....if you
really want to enhance the lifetime of an old system..POWER FLUSH IT

.... And they let people like this anywhere central heating systems ?

--
geoff