Doug Miller

Default Bug identification help

In article , "JJ" wrote:
Help! First it was the invasion of the Asian Beetles that look like
ladybugs, now we're being overwhelmed with a new bug and I could use some
help identifying it.

It is black, has 6 legs and is a half-inch long. Body width of
quarter-inch.

It has two antennae, which are almost as long as its body.

It can fly, but it mostly walks on the windows in sunny locations.

When the wings open, they are bright orange, almost the same color as
ladybugs. When they are closed, they form a /\ on the top of the bug body.
It's like an orange detail stripe.

Sounds like boxelder beetles. Do they look like this?
http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/insect/05522.html

--
Regards,