Sam Goldwasser

Default 50 hz timer motor

Ken Weitzel writes:

wrote:

I just verified that the inner cam and the outer cam do not revovle
together all the time. It takes a number of revolutions of the inner
cam to move the outer cam a knob forward.
Separately, if the machine is designed to take in cold water and heat
it up internally and the timer motor is expecting feed back signal from
it, would it have caused the problem if the water hose inlet was taking
in hot water directly since we generally have separate hot and cold
water inlets in the US? But there should be a sensor inside the
machine to detect water temperature anyway...
Esther

Hi...

I wonder if it's not as simple as asking too much of that poor little
hy-sync motor?

We know that they'll sync perfectly to 49 or 51 cycles, but is it
possible that showing it 60 cycles it ends up "syncing" at some
multiple?

If it's of sufficient interest, I have a small car inverter that
changes frequency considerably with changes in engine speed...
and also have a just removed (sticky, but still runs fine) that
I could do some experiments with. Let me know.

I think the poster said that someone had applied 50 Hz to the motor
and it behaved as expected compared to 60 Hz - 5/6ths the speed.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:
http://www.repairfaq.org/