Ralph E Lindberg

Default Would this be a mistake

In article .com,
wrote:

I'm thinking about getting into turning - just small stuff, pens,
ornaments, wine stoppers, etc. Would it be a mistake to get a Penn
State midi lathe like this
http://www.pennstateind.com/store/tclpro.html or is it just a glorified
Harbor Freight machine. I don't see myself turning anything larger but
who knows. I'd like to get something that has a bed extension
available just in case.

Should I stick with a Delta or Jet or is the Penn State model a decent
piece of equipement?

Steve, I've never used or seen the Penn State lathe, but all the Penn
State equipment I have seen was fine.

That being said, I thought the same thing (except for pens). Only now
I am shopping for a large lathe to replace the midi-lathe.

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv