Rick

Default Internal Door ?s

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 15:21:51 GMT, KJR wrote:

Looking for some advice re internal doors.

I want to get some internal doors, 8 glass pane type which I will
paint white.

I can get one from Homebase, £45, in pine. Or I can get a hardwood
door, from any number of independant firms, for £200 + fitting.

Anyone care to explain the properties of a hardwood door which make it
4x better than a knotty pine door ?

TIA,

KJR

I'd be at homebase buying theirs, assuming you can fit yourself. My
maths would say, that by the time the homebase one is worn out, SHMBO
will have decided she don't like it anyways, and being stuck with the
oak one for 3 times longer, would be amajor issue to my ears listening
to SHMBO.

If fitting is expensive (say 200 quid plus), and you are really sure
you will still love the door in 20-50 years time, the oak is the best
bet.

Rick