Rich Greenberg

Default new house basement seepage?

In article IsNaf.796$ip6.38@trnddc07, paranoid wrote:
We are supposed to close on this house in about 2 weeks, and we have noticed
that on one of the basement walls (block), there are some noticeable damp
areas. This is in the garage part of the basement, but on the other side of
the basement (same wall), there isn't any damp or wet areas...

We brought this up to the builder, and he says this is normal for new
construction as it is "drying" out, or something along those lines....

I'm not sure what to believe, but I don't want a major problem in a few
years...

I wouldn't trust the builder. Get a professional inspection pronto!