Default Strange Heat Radiation Problem

I'll give it a try when I get home. I don't really know if I am losing
hot water. I don't hear water running in, out, or anywhere near pipes I
can touch (which is from where the cold water comes in, to and from the
water heater, and up to a point before the powder room). I only hear
the slight hiss behind the wall. It could be noise from next door, too.
That only leave the mysterious spinning disc on the water meter. BTW,
there are two meter readouts- one on the meter, and another, connected
by wire, to an odomoeter-type meter outside. Could the spinning thing
just be an indicator that the feed to the outside meter is working?