Art Greenberg

Default Strange Heat Radiation Problem

On 4 Nov 2005 09:53:58 -0800, wrote:
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but generally, they did whatever was easiest
(which is why there's no switch on that porch light, I think)

In a COA, the porch lights may be required to be on full time. If that was in
the charter for the COA, then the COA saved some money, and provided a means
of enforcing the rules, by not installing a switch on that light.

The COA I lived in for a while had done exactly that. The also assumed
responsibility for maintaining those fixtures, including lamp replacements.
They ended up replacing all of the incandescent porch fixtures with fixtures
suitable for use with compact flourescent lamps, and fitted with daylight
sensors to turn the lights off during daylight hours.

--
Art Greenberg
artg AT eclipse (remove this) DOT net