Larry Jaques

Default Tungsten electrodes for armor piercing bullets

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:23:15 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
quickly quoth:

Gunner, Member of the Order of the Scarlet Crescent. (2 chevrons)

"Scarlet Crescent" via Google points to the Polish Army in Napoleon's
time. You don't look that old, G. g

In shooters vernacular its named for the scarlet half-moon scar
above, near or around the eyebrow, from contact with the fast moving
rear lens bell on a rifle scope.....
I also have one right across the bridge of my (many times broken) nose

Ah, THAT kind of crescent.

I unfortunately and blessed/cursed with long arms and a fairly long
neck. I learned early on not to shoot weapons owned by burly little
****ers with one eyebrow and no neck...as their scopes tend to be just
a smidge too far back...and facial/head wounds tend to be really ugly
and hard to stop.

Yeah, I've watched enough fights to know that facial wounds bleed
horribly, and I had an accidental meeting with a tubafore porch
railing once whilst chasing a neighbor girl. That one reached out and
caught me by the forehead, then let my legs go out from under me,
dropping my skull onto the cement patio. I felt like I had been neatly
sandwiched between a couple big rigs after that.

I also have scars in both eyebrows from meeting the kitchen floor
after some really nice swan dives out of my high-chair, or so I
understand.

Poverty is easy. * http://diversify.com
It's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design