tony sayer

Default New TV aerial for 'strong' or 'weak' signal?

Unless your in spitting distance of a main high power transmitter I'd
very much doubt that you'll have a problem. Where are you BTW?..

OK, I'm learning fast today (from a standing start as regards TV aerials
etc!).

Here's my Wolfbane table: http://tinyurl.com/7kuhv or
http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tva.exe?DX=L&HT=10&OS=SJ907730

Yes, well a mile away from a small repeater no problem at all unless you
have a stonking great big hill in the way.

That TX is on Group A for analogue transmissions but the log would have
been recommended for future digital services unless their already in
existence. A wideband type will do fine I can't see any engineering
reason why a log should be used.

And with those sort of powers involved no worries about overload.

The neighbours aerials were probably put up a long time ago before the
existence of the relay station, and perhaps some of them are now tuned
to that perhaps, but not pointing at it!. In any case they'd be from
group C and well of resonance for the local..
--
Tony Sayer