tony sayer

Default New TV aerial for 'strong' or 'weak' signal?

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes
In article ,
Lobster wrote:
Need a new TV aerial; I note Screwfix sell different models for 'strong'
and 'weak' signal areas. AFAIK we're in a fairly OK area, but my
question is, is there any disadvantage in fitting the 'weak signal' type
if it might not be necessary? Otherwise it's clearly not worth even
considering paying two quid less for the 'strong' variety?

Have a look at what others have in your street.

And I'd then go for a good quality make like Triax and use a double
screened downlead - satellite cable. The cost of the materials is low
against the labour involved - even when DIYing. ;-)

Good advice there

If you end up with too much signal this is easily cured by an attenuator.
The idea is to get a high quality signal and feed it to the receiver with
nothing spurious being picked up on the way.

Unless your in spitting distance of a main high power transmitter I'd
very much doubt that you'll have a problem. Where are you BTW?..
--
Tony Sayer